Watch a newbie dive into the shallow end of the Linux Pool! Disclaimer: If I have to use the command line to make it work, then it doesn't work!

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Not Working Networking now working!

Well that stopped sucking fairly quickly.

I bought a shiny new wireless router for my modem. After a few F's and a couple of C's my wireless network was up and running.

I loaded up Ubuntu and had a crack at connecting to my wireless network. Selected networking from a menu, selected wireless network, changed a few properties, clicked 'activate' and wham! That was cool.

Getting my standard ADSL running in Ubuntu was a disgrace. Getting the wireless network up and running was, as we say in Australia, 'too easy!!!'

Slight problem though: it's totally unsecure. I managed to surf the net across the street without entering a password, so I guess any old person can do that as well.

This is probably going to end in tears, but it's all fun at the moment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home