Watch a newbie dive into the shallow end of the Linux Pool! Disclaimer: If I have to use the command line to make it work, then it doesn't work!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Troubleshooting

Some google searchers are coming to my site for help on PPPoE and intellimouse side buttons. Well, i'm no expert, so i'll just send you to the site that helped me. The first link is to a Ubuntu linux enthusiast forum, which is a goldmine for technical support.

How to enable intellimouse side buttons.

How to install PPPoE for ADSL connections.

Good luck guys.


And in other news, I can report that after enabling multimedia support, my Dell Laptop's multimedia keys now work! It makes sense - the playback controls didn't work because Ubuntu couldn't play anything ;) Looks like things keep getting better for me on the hardware compatibility front.

But, i've got an even better example of my improving relationship with Ubuntu. This morning I checked the weather by starting my laptop and looking at the weather applet. Which is pretty funny, because my house's front door is closer to my bed than this laptop.

Wait. That's scary...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home