Watch a newbie dive into the shallow end of the Linux Pool! Disclaimer: If I have to use the command line to make it work, then it doesn't work!

Thursday, January 12, 2006

The hook

When you're a computer newbie, you overreact. To everything. Which is one of those things that makes us incredibly fickle computer users. The computer could do everything perfectly, but if we don't like an icon, a menu, the default wallpaper, then we're off.

It also works the other way.

After all the sheer stress this semi conversion (sorry, windows is staying on this machine in some shape or form, forever) i'm prepared to overlook it all. Why?

Because I have a dictionary on my taskbar. A dictionary. Whoever thought of that is a champ. And not only that, I have a weather report thingy as well - and no, I didn't have to click on some suspect popup window on some random website to install it. It's just there.

I haven't seen anything so brilliant in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home